Questions and Troversies. Episode 1: Should I believe my wife?

 

I came back from work earlier than usual that day. I just got a promotion and it came with a new car and a new two bedroom flat. I was elated. At last my wife and I would leave that cramped one bedroom apartment and move into a better place and I can finally give her the good life she deserved.

 I kept thinking of the way the celebration will go that night. Trust me, with the joy in me, I knew we would definitely make babies that night. With that Joy, I strode faster home. 

On getting to my house, i heard moans. 'This is my wife's voice' i said to myself. She is not supposed to be home now, what is she lifting that is making her sound that way. By then, I was already at the window of my house, since I would have to get to the window before i get to the door from the route i took back home. 

"Should I press it deeper?" I stopped track dead. Is this not the voice of our neighbour, Master James. What is he doing in my room with my wife?

My wife giggled. I couldn't find the tears to cry. "It did not enter well, push it deeper... yes...yes...yes" And she let out a big sigh of relief. The window was covered with a curtain so i couldn't see what was going on.

With anger i surged to the front door and they didn't even have the decency to lock the door only the curtain was covered and i yanked it open hoping to catch them both in the act, only to almost barge into Master James at the entrance.

"Ah... Mr Peterson, welcome oo, you come back early today" he greeted straightening his T-shirt. He even had the guts to greet me. The mention of my name brought my wife to the front door and she was sweating profusely.

"Sweetheart... you are back early?" She asked rhetorically grasping for air. "Welcome" she proceeded to take my bag and i withdraw from her, how could she pretend so quickly like nothing happened. She immediately read my looks and after few seconds it began to dawn on her what was going through my mind.

"Sweetheart, please this isn't what it looks like..." she pleaded. "I can explain."

Long story short, this is her explanation.

"I came back early from the shop today to do some clean up and fish out those rats that has been disturbing us for weeks. so i barley managed to drag out all our belongings and cleaned the entire room. While i began packing, Master James here noticed how i was struggling to take the bed and bed stand inside he offered me a helping hand and he was just finished helping me now. Honey please believe me".


I need your advice guys. Should i believe my wife's explanation? 


Disclaimer: The comments are purely opinionated and do not expression the views of the seventh pen.

Comments

  1. Well Mr Peterson, the thing I'll advise you to do is, if you trust your wife believe her. Has she done something like this before or have you been suspecting her before now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oga don't let her deceive you. Her explanation is not making sense to me. Don't believe her abeg. She is lying

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm okay the matter deep oo. This kind matter self. Well I don't think your wife cheated on you. Besides you said the curtain was open, who will do something like that and not seal everywhere tight shut?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jj fear women. Maybe the man was truly helping her then they got carried away. And couldn't "have the decency of locking the door." Her explanation sounds absurd

      Delete
  4. Anyways I still maintain that the man should make his judgment based on the level of trust he has for his wife

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I were you I would first of all investigate. I'll make sure I check the spot where she claims rat came from and check very well. Because if she did clean up there must have been little changes. If I don't see any changes I'll not believe her

    ReplyDelete
  6. I no go believe anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But Daniel the door was open na. To me she was saying the truth. Mr Peterson please believe your wife

      Delete
  7. Forget about door open or door no open. Mr Peterson no believe anything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem is that there is already a hole in that relationship. If not, the man would not rush into a conclusion just like that. Or is the man a cheating? Because they said that the swordsman doesn't allow a sword to near him.
      Or maybe he has been suspecting the wife for long.

      I am yet to wrap up my head on why he would rush into conclusion without even giving them a benefit of doubt. Finally the wife no try, she should have waited for her husband to return before trying out such escapade.

      Delete
    2. Oga sir,the man never conclude,if he has then why will he be asking for your opinion?.

      Delete
  8. Sir,i believe you and your wife have lived together for a particular space of time,you must have known how she act while lying or telling the truth. If she had ever played prank on you before,what was it like? I mean, how confident was she? Anyways you just have to believe her bcus any which way she remains your wife.

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all, while Master James was adjusting his dress how was your wife looking?,was she half necked or properly dressed.Secondly,how far is your window from the door?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coming from the angle of the previous person,if your window is not far from your door and your wife is fully dressed then she must have been telling the truth because there is no possiblity that she dressed in hurry because she was not expecting you at that time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Initially, I smelt a rat and immediately guessed at unfaithfulness which is a common problem in our society. Then, I heard her explanation and immediately gave the wife of Mr Peterson the benefit of doubt. If I could do that, shouldn't you, Mr Peterson, who swore before the altar of God and accepted her for better or worse? I'm a total stranger, but she's your wife! Listen to her, unless you never loved her in the first place.
    Great work, Judith. Thanks for sharing ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's way too obvious that nothing happened between Master James and Mr. Peterson's wife.
    Firstly, since the window is not far to the door, what kind of speed will make Mr. James meet Mr. Peterson at the door within seconds.
    Secondly, the first sight of Mr. Peterson should at least put a fear on Mr. James but he doesn't sound frightened neither was he stammering.
    Lastly, she said she cleaned the entire room. Let's check if the room is clean at that moment and also check if the bed stand is heavy for a person to lift.

    Check all this and see that she's honest. No more explanation.

    ReplyDelete

  13. From what I read I think Mr Peterson's wife is innocent.
    The reaction and conduct of both Mr Peterson's wife and masters James when they saw Mr Peterson can in no way be trace down to be a smokescreen. Neither of them was shocked or startled when them saw Mr Peterson, their actions were not even suspicion, you can find their innocency in their speech. The 'push it deeper' and the press it deeper that Mr p was hearing does not sound like sex language to me, during sex u don't push or press, u put it doing sex, u can only push or press items and that goes to tell u that they were actually dealing with items inside the bedroom which means Mr Peterson's wife explanation was true.

    Another engrossing master piece of writing from the seventh pen, keep doing what u are born to do

    ReplyDelete
  14. If he has had any reason to doubt his wife pertaining issues like this then he should hold on and still monitor them from a distance to see if his facts are right.
    Its possible she's saying the truth so he wont regret making a rash decision and it's possible she's lying, but then, he didn't catch them in the act.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't think something happened between them. My own reason for the fact that she wasn't expecting her husband to be back so early she wouldn't be in a rush to do anything. coming from the angle where her husband met their neighbour at the door. If they were to be having sex and is at the stage of press it, deeper and the rest it will be impossible for him not to meet the both of them on the bed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts