One Tuesday Night: Episode 4

 


PRESENT TIME.

I went straight to my room to take a shower. Unlike me, I never enter the bathroom without my phone; but after this incident I didn’t even bother to take a glance at the phone. I just walked straight in and took my bath. When I returned to my bedroom, I got dressed and did what I have never thought to do on my own or without being forced; I knelt down to pray. 

“Oh GOD……. Thank you for this air I can breathe right now. I thank you for not allowing my brains to be scattered on the ground like that man planned. Thank you for not allowing any harm to come to my parents and my brother who doesn’t even know when to make videos. I also want to sincerely thank you lord for allowing me to behave stupidly and for using it to save my life despite my stubbornness. I promise to be more responsible. I promise never to prank or be stubborn anymore. I promise to have control over my tongue and not lie again. Please forgive me lord and help me to keep to my words. Help me to know the God that saved my life, and to be a more obedient child. Amen.”

I felt a strange kind of peace I had never felt before and I knew that something new had just occurred in my life. As I straightened my bed-spread and prepared to lie down I heard a soft knock on my door. “Come in” I instructed. And the last person I was expecting walked into my room. 

Hey” Jonah greeted calmly. “Hi” I responded awkwardly. My brother and I were really close years back. But immediately his career in baseball began to pick up and he started gaining social media popularity we became more distant from each other and we barely even see or speak to each other in a year.


Are you okay?  He asked. “Uh?” I voiced in confusion, because I was honestly shocked at his question and I wasn’t expecting it. “How are you feeling right now? I mean after this whole scenario.” I smiled slightly 

“A little bit shaken, asides that I’m fine”. There was an uncomfortable silence again. 

“What really happened?” I asked breaking the silence. 


“Before I answer you, where did you hide at first that the guy easily saw you?” he asked. 


“Hide?” I asked rhetorically “I did not hide. In fact I just went to a random bedroom toilet to do my business and listen to my music in peace. Maybe I was singing too loud and he might have probably heard me singing. It was immediately I left the room that he pointed a gun at me and the next thing I found myself in the sitting room” I replied.


“You mean to tell me that even after the ear deafening scream mum made, you still didn’t know what was going on till the time you saw that guy”. Jonah asked looking so shocked at my answer. 

“If I had, I wouldn’t be asking you what happened. Besides my headphones where so loud that I couldn’t even hear myself sing.” I said again


“Hmm, you really surprise me oh. Anyways it all started when the doorbell rang. I went to get the door and noticed two delivery guys standing outside. I told them I didn’t place any other. Dad was in the living room then, so I went to ask him and he said he didn’t place any order either. Mum was in the kitchen because she sent all the workers including the cook to the boys quarters. According to her, she wanted to prepare my favourite food herself because she wanted it to be special. She also said she didn’t order anything. I went back and told the guys that they had the wrong house. But they were like “no sir our information is very candid”. He mimicked them, causing me to laugh.

“I called your name several times but you didn’t respond”. He continued. “The next thing I saw was a gun pointed at me. For a second I thought it was one of your welcome crazy pranks. 

“Really!” I deadpanned. I wasn’t really shocked though because I was quite the prankster. But that’s an old me now. He ignored me and continued his explanation “I asked the guys how much you had paid them. Before I could blink my eyes one of them threw a hard punch on me. I swear I saw stars.” I burst into uncontrollable laughter.


Where are you going to? Have you dropped a comment yet??? 😱😱😱😱😱😱 You didn't even comment. Take few seconds ⭐⭐🌟 then you can continue 😉😉😉



Comments

  1. Great, Judith 🙂
    I just wish the tension weren't over so soon. I would have loved to get some more prankster action 😁

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts